Thursday, January 14, 2010

Writing About Myself

I really don't do very well with writing about myself, probably because I never took the time to sit down and list all of the things that I'd done. Now that I have to for class I see that I really didn't do anything more than just get by. I find it hard to do these things but Jamie really likes to do that. Again, one of the many reasons why I really need her in my life. Now this essay is supposed to be two pages long, but keep the reader interested the whole time. I personally don't know if I have done all that much to fill up two pages. I guess that's where the fluff comes in to play. I was always a hard facts writing person and only wrote things that I needed to. I wonder if I could live everything over again would I do the same or would I try to put more things into it that would make me a "better candidate" to be accepted into a program? I think they should have an interviewer for every person trying to get into the program to see who the person is and not what they can write about themselves. I hope that I can learn something from Jay and the other people that will be correcting this because if I really do want to get somewhere in academia I need to be able to win by their rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment